This easy, affordable, and moisturizing hair mask is perfect for all hair types - especially those with dry or frizzy hair. Honey is truly a magical ingredient - it's naturally moisturizing, cleansing, and it repairs dull hair without weighing it down.The egg yolk contains protein which helps strengthen and moisturize hair (and prevents breakage!). Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft to condition and smooth hair cuticles which helps with frizz and dryness. We tried this hair mask and were amazed with how soft, shiny, and moisturized our hair felt.
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Wet your hair - in the shower is quick and easy, then gently wring out excess water so hair is wet but not dripping
2. With hair wet, lightly warm up coconut oil so it becomes a liquid. Be sure to not heat it up too much (or wait to cool down to room temperature) because it will cook your egg!
3. Mix egg yolk, honey, and coconut oil in a bowl and lightly warm up in a pan (again for around 10 seconds just to get it warmed up and not cooked).
4. From root to tip - using your fingers or a basting brush spread through your hair
5. Place shower cap on and wait 40 minutes
6. Rinse hair with lukewarm/cool water first to get egg out then continue to wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner